Information about the product
Why choose soy wax?
Soy wax is a natural product that is obtained through the cultivation of soybeans (without any pesticides or OGMs). This wax is also known for its low and slow combustion which allows the candle to be enjoyed for longer. Soy wax is biodegradable, ideal for the environment. Soy candles do not spread toxins into the air when burned.
Why not choose paraffin and/or beeswax?
Paraffin is obtained through petroleum extraction, therefore containing toxic and carcinogenic substances. Paraffin candles provide a more pronounced olfactory experience but burn faster with the risk of leaving carcinogens in the air during combustion.
Beeswax, for its part, remains renewable, but its harvesting process requires the exploitation of insects. The wax extraction process can be disturbing to bees. These methods are frequently accompanied by excessive smoking.
Why add coconut to the wax mixture?
MadeBySoi stands out by adding this wax in the making of its candles. Coconut wax supports the benefits of soy wax, presenting itself as a sure ally. Also renewable and toxin-free, with slow and clean combustion. It doesn’t smell of coconut, so it’s perfect for scented candles. Above all, it offers better adhesion to fragrances, where soy can sometimes be a bit finicky.
Do you have some tips and tricks to ensure the success of the activity?
- Take note of the use of the ingredients on the instruction card: 1 pouch of wax (150g) + a bottle of fragrance (18ml) = 1 candle of 7oz
- It is important to respect the wax's hardening time, to maximize the cohesion of the waxes and fragrances. Let stand for a minimum of 24 to 72 hours. Be patient.
- Be inspired, give a name to your candles using the included labels.
- During your very first use, make sure to let your candles burn for a minimum of 2 consecutive hours without exceeding 4 hours, this will allow the wax to melt evenly + a 2nd use without the flame constantly going out.
- Make sure you take good care of your candles. Trim the wicks to 1/4 '' between each use, this will prevent black soot and an uneven flame.
- Avoid lighting when there is only 1/2 of the wax left. Don't hesitate to reuse your containers once your candles are finished. To do this, pour boiling water into the container, let the wax sit for a few hours. The inspiration labels are removable. Remove everything, clean the container with mild soap and store your jewelry, small items, etc.
What is your commitment to the environment?
The choice of ingredients, material and packaging have been designed to maximize reusability and recyclability. The inspiration labels are removable, making it easy to remove and reuse the container after the candle is finished. The box, mixing sticks, instruction sheets, crumpled pieces of paper, kraft paper wrapping the glass containers can all be placed, with peace of mind in your recycling bin. Enjoy a moment of creation without guilt!
How soon will my order be shipped?
Orders will be shipped within 3 to 5 business days of placing your order unless otherwise specified on the site. If the product is sold out, the estimated shipping window will be shown under the "Add to Cart" button on the product page.
How to track my order?
Once your product has shipped, you will receive your tracking number (s) by email, SMS, or Messenger, depending on how you made your payment.
Do you offer international delivery?
Yes, we ship to all countries. If your country is not available at the checkout, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Will there be any customs fees? And will I be responsible for this cost?
Yes, for international orders, there may be customs charges when the product arrives in your country of origin. Unfortunately, we are unable to quote this specific cost as it varies greatly from country to country.
Returns and exchanges
What's your return policy?
Please note that no exchange or refund can be made on the ingredients of the creation kits (waxes and fragrances). For any other situation or questions, contact customer service at the following email address email@example.com.
My order arrived damaged, what should I do?
If you find that a package was damaged in transit, if possible, please refuse the package from the courier and contact our customer service. If the package was delivered without you being present, please contact customer service for the next steps.